Phlebotomy training in Iowa is possible in several cities. The state has several phlebotomy programs in community colleges and training centers. They prepare jobseekers for a career as a phlebotomist, or educate students that seek a national certification.
Browse the listings below to find a local phlebotomy program. Phlebotomy training can be completed in-person in the cities of Ankeny, Boone, Carroll, Davenport, Waterloo, Ottumwa, Centerville, Marshalltown, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City, Iowa City, and Fort Dodge.
Check out some phlebotomy courses in Iowa below. Apply to one in a city near you.
Featured Phlebotomy Classes in Iowa
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
More Phlebotomy Training in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College||Ankeny Campus- 2006 S Ankeny Blvd Ankeny, IA 50023|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Boone Campus- 1125 Hancock Drive Boone, IA 50036||https://go.dmacc.edu/programs/phlebotomy/Pages/welcome.aspx
|Des Moines Area Community College||Carroll Campus-906 N. Grant Road Carroll, IA 51401||https://go.dmacc.edu/programs/phlebotomy/Pages/welcome.aspx
|Eastern Iowa Community College||306 West River Drive Davenport, IA 52801||http://www.eicc.edu/business/learning/services/phlebotomy/index.html
|Hawkeye Community College||1501 East Orange Rd., P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, IA 50704-8015||http://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/calendars/continuing-education/phlebotomy-technician-2.aspx
|Indian Hills Community College||Ottumwa Campus- 525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, IA 52501|
|Indian Hills Community College||Centerville Campus- 721 N. First Street Centerville, IA 52544||http://catalog.indianhills.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=19&poid=2260&returnto=1448
|Iowa Valley Community College District|| 3702 South Center Street Marshalltown, Iowa 50158||http://www.iavalley.edu/ivce/ivce-news/02272012_phlebotomy_technician_career_program.html
|Iowa Western Community College||2700 College Blvd. Council Bluffs, IA 51503||http://www.iwcc.edu/Continuing_Education/health_occupations/phlebotomy.asp
|Kirkwood Community College||6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404||http://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?p=2611#Phlebotomy
|Saint Luke’s College||2720 Stone Park Boulevard Sioux City, IA 51104||http://www.stlukescollege.edu/body.cfm?id=76
|University of Iowa-Carver College of Medicine||451 Newton Road|
200 Medicine Administration Building
Iowa City, IA
|Iowa Central Community College||1 Triton Circle|
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
|Allen College||1825 Logan Avenue|
Waterloo, IA 50703
What’s the Average Salary of a Phlebotomy Technician in Iowa?
A phlebotomist in Iowa is paid just shy of the national average at $32,000 a year. Iowa’s cost of living is ranked at #19 out of 50, so it is better than average. The good cost of living tends to cancel out the slightly lower pay.
How’s the Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Iowa?
Iowa has a fantastic economy. Its unemployment rate is well below the national average, and it has one of the best ranked economies in the United States, ranking as the 3rd best economy.
Since jobs in phlebotomy are on the rise nationally, it makes a lot of sense to start a phlebotomy career in Iowa, where the economy is booming. Employers continue to hire phlebotomists year after year. The chart below graphs the trends of phlebotomy jobs in the United States.